Located at the top of the South Island, Marlborough enjoys high sunshine hours and a temperate climate so that visitors can experience all of Marlborough’s diversity through the seasons.
No matter what time of year, there is always something going on in Marlborough. Marlborough region has long been known for the breathtaking beauty. With its rugged mountain ranges, fertile plains, intricate waterways, world class Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough has a lot to offer – so stay for the whole weekend, or longer!
Gardening in Marlborough produces superb results, and from the hills and plains of the Awatere Valley to the drier foothills of The Wither Hills and the coastal gardens of Rarangi, there is something for everyone to enjoy.
Things to do in Marlborough besides gardens include:
- Visit one of the many winery cellar doors
- Omaka Aviation Heritage Centre
- Walk the Queen Charlotte Track
- Experience local Maori Culture
- Walk some of the local tracks including those on Wither Hills Farm Park